AGM to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club. (The date has been changed from 4th May 2011)
7.00 Introduction from Stall Holders
8.00 Food/Stalls/Networking etc
8.30 Stephen Savage from the Anderson Partnership Solicitors will be speeking on the subject of problems with difficult tenants, government cutbacks, effects on eviction proceedings in local courts etc.
Please let us know if you would like to come to the meeting preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0114 236 1635
Members Meeting to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club.
6.00 to 6.30 pm arrival tea and coffee available
6.30 to 7.00pm introduction/updates/ info
7.00 to 7.45 John Squire/Jessica Griffin Update on Local Housing Bill, changes to LHA, new ways of letting and opportunities for landlords
7.45 to 8.15pm Food /Stalls/ networking etc
8.15 to 9.00pm Council Tax Representatives from CAPITA and SCC will talk about the problems with the payment of CT and how we can avoid them, there will be plenty of time for questions on any problems that have occurred.
Please reply if you intend to come to the meeting preferably by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 0114 236 1635
Members Meeting to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club, details to follow.
The meeting will be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club, 9.30am to 3.30pm
You are invited to attend the next full day members meeting which has been sponsored by MKM (Building Supplies). At the meeting they will launch a special trade account rate for SADLA members which will include friends and family. The attached sheet explains the goods and services trade prices will be available on.
The agenda for the day includes the following:-
- The RLA (Residential Landlords Association) explaining the benefits for SADLA being an associate group.
- Boswell’s Insurance explaining the legal insurance cover they provide as part or your individual SADLA membership (this includes tax investigation cover and more).
- A new faster rate broadband facility available for landlords to use in their properties.
- Fire risk assessments, an explanation of what Landlords need to do.
- The usual good quality lunch and a chance to network.
Stalls for the day are:-
- Premdor, a company selling doors.
- Remeha, a company selling boilers (including eco-condensing A-rated boilers).
- Ingersoll Rand, a company selling ironmongery (including door closers, thumb turn locks and push bars).
- Conclusive Financial Planning, a company dealing with all aspects of wealth management.
- AGA Properties, a company offering investment property refurbishment with financial assistance.
Places at the meeting are to be made available to other landlords in the area. SADLA members are receiving their invitations first to have the opportunity to reserve places by 14th September at the latest. After this any remaining places will be offered to non-members.
To reserve a place please go to our registration page.
We hope you are able to attend and look forward to seeing you.
SADLA and RLA
After long and careful consideration the SADLA committee has decided to cease our affiliation with the NLA and become an Associate Member of the RLA.
The RLA have offered us full benefits of being RLA members whilst we retain SADLA in name, in management, all its funds and all future income from commission we have negotiated with insurers and local suppliers. They will take on a lot of SADLA’s administration. This became operative on June 1st and each SADLA member should have already received a welcome email from Alan Ward, chair of the RLA, with a welcome pack of information to follow.
The main additional benefits for SADLA members are:
- Access to an advice line either by telephone or online.
- Full access to all RLA guides and documentation which cover all aspects of being a landlord including online tenancy agreements, a comprehensive library of legal documents and free advertising.
- Receipt of a bi-monthly landlord magazine.
- Receipt of a monthly e-news.
- Support for training courses in Sheffield
- Access to credit checks and tenant references at a reduced rate.
- Local training available in Sheffield.
- Free advertising on the RLA website to find tenants and to sell property
- Use of the RLA logo.
- From November 2010 members will subscribe to SADLA via the RLA’s online payment process. From 2011 members will be expected to subscribe by direct debit or by continuous payment by credit card.
- The RLA communicates by email and all members will be expected to supply an email address. Those SADLA members without an email address will be serviced by post for the first two years.
It was agreed by a unanimous vote of all present at the AGM to raise the SADLA subscription fee to £75 per annum from November 1st 2010.
SCC-Private Sector Housing Services presented at the May AGM.
Caroline Stiff, Assistant Manager of Private Sector Housing services discussed the organisational changes at Private Sector Housing, the responsibilities of teams to address issues in local hot spots.
Ges Myers talked about the new definition of HMO and the HMO fire standards.
The power point presentation and associated diagrams are attached.
SCC presentation to SADLA 10/5/2010
Fire diagrams 12/5/10 (word document)
SCC presentation (as powerpoint)
Click the heading for special rates and details of the Atkinson Smith health and Safety advice line.
£1.18 per thousand for buildings with £250 excess, until March 31st 2011. For more details contact Sam Leeder or Samantha Geddes on 01302 341344.
Atkinson Smith also provide a heath and safety advice line. Email them on firstname.lastname@example.org and a risk advisor will contact you directly.
Please see the attached flyer