An update from Aico regarding the new standards and their new offerings including their Audio link, Radio and smart link products.An update from
Lee Wilkes from Sheffield City Council presentation covered National update/issues and Local issues.
The local issues covered:
- update of on selective licensing on London Road/ Abbeydale Road/Chesterfield Road.
- HMO expansion, door knocking
- Enforcement Update
- Landlord awards 2019
The presentation can be found here: SSC March 2019 update
To be held on Wednesday 7th June 2017 at Abbeydale Sports & Social Club
6:30pm arrive with tea and coffee
7:00pm presentation by the accountants regarding the changes in tax.
8:30pm Food and networking.
Alasdair Walker of Hunter Aitkenhead Ltd explained the challenges and options of “Getting Out of Being a Landlord”. We have posted a copy of his presentation for those who missed his presentation or would like to be reminded of the content.
SADLA presentation by Alasdair Walker of Hunter Aitkenhead Ltd (pdf format)
George Lee presented a short talk on the “Power of Attorney”
To be held on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at Abbeydale Sports & Social Club
details to follow
The AGM has changed from 06/05/2015 to 03/06/2015
To be held on Thursday 3rd May 2012 at Abbeydale Sports & Social Club
6:30 pm Arrival – registration, tea and coffee. Receive your FREE raffle ticket (2 prizes to be drawn at the end of the evening)
7:00 pm Introduction and AGM from the Chair
7:15 pm B&Q Tradepoint (stall)
7:20 pm ADP Property Maintenance (stall)
7:25 pm Fire Safety Complete Ltd – Fire Risk Assessments (stall)
7:35 pm J P Mortgages – Financing HMOs
8:05 pm Hot buffet including a glass of wine or a soft drink, and the chance to network
Members meeting to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club, Abbeydale Road South, Sheffield, S17 3LJ
6:30 pm Arrival – registration, tea and coffee
6:55 pm Chris Wright – who will be showing a range of LED products and lighting solutions
7:00 pm Teri Olley and Janice Parker – who will be presenting “an outline of the capital gains tax system,
and how it affects landlords”, exploring the following areas:
- A general
introduction to capital gains tax, when it falls due, and how it is reported
- Recent law changes
- Which expenses can be offset against a capital gain
- Further allowances and reliefs available
- Tips to achieve the best result
- Scenarios and examples
8.15pm Hot buffet and the chance to network
AGM to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club. (The date has been changed from 4th May 2011)
7.00 Introduction from Stall Holders
8.00 Food/Stalls/Networking etc
8.30 Stephen Savage from the Anderson Partnership Solicitors will be speeking on the subject of problems with difficult tenants, government cutbacks, effects on eviction proceedings in local courts etc.
Please let us know if you would like to come to the meeting preferably by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 0114 236 1635
Members Meeting to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club.
6.00 to 6.30 pm arrival tea and coffee available
6.30 to 7.00pm introduction/updates/ info
7.00 to 7.45 John Squire/Jessica Griffin Update on Local Housing Bill, changes to LHA, new ways of letting and opportunities for landlords
7.45 to 8.15pm Food /Stalls/ networking etc
8.15 to 9.00pm Council Tax Representatives from CAPITA and SCC will talk about the problems with the payment of CT and how we can avoid them, there will be plenty of time for questions on any problems that have occurred.
Please reply if you intend to come to the meeting preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0114 236 1635
Members Meeting to be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club, details to follow.
The meeting will be held at Abbeydale Park Sports Club, 9.30am to 3.30pm
You are invited to attend the next full day members meeting which has been sponsored by MKM (Building Supplies). At the meeting they will launch a special trade account rate for SADLA members which will include friends and family. The attached sheet explains the goods and services trade prices will be available on.
The agenda for the day includes the following:-
- The RLA (Residential Landlords Association) explaining the benefits for SADLA being an associate group.
- Boswell’s Insurance explaining the legal insurance cover they provide as part or your individual SADLA membership (this includes tax investigation cover and more).
- A new faster rate broadband facility available for landlords to use in their properties.
- Fire risk assessments, an explanation of what Landlords need to do.
- The usual good quality lunch and a chance to network.
Stalls for the day are:-
- Premdor, a company selling doors.
- Remeha, a company selling boilers (including eco-condensing A-rated boilers).
- Ingersoll Rand, a company selling ironmongery (including door closers, thumb turn locks and push bars).
- Conclusive Financial Planning, a company dealing with all aspects of wealth management.
- AGA Properties, a company offering investment property refurbishment with financial assistance.
Places at the meeting are to be made available to other landlords in the area. SADLA members are receiving their invitations first to have the opportunity to reserve places by 14th September at the latest. After this any remaining places will be offered to non-members.
To reserve a place please go to our registration page.
We hope you are able to attend and look forward to seeing you.
SADLA and RLA